Thursday 22 November 2007

How Not to Use Words

I thought I should write a blogpost. Because my listeners might be missing me. But I don’t know what to say.

We are all truly bored of my dire love life (especially me). My listeners have probably all heard about my new website (www.leafbooks.co.uk if you haven’t). The physicist is still in Oxford so is supplying no inspiration. The Lawyer is studying and thus not amusing. The Beloved is not here for me to comment upon (let alone do anything else upon). The fact that I have modelled naked for our latest book cover is too embarrassing to mention.

So I read Matt’s blog http://hedgedefender.blogspot.com/ for some inspiration. He’s an inspiring sort of chap. It turns out that he’s run out of words. Us writers have no end of problems really. He has no words, I have nothing to say but I have lots of words.

Here are some of them:

Dishcloth
Mango
Aplomb (I just lent that one to Matt)
Gorge
Archipelago
Gusset
Nave
Brassica
Mud
Splice
Gasket
Obverse
Taupe
Redirect
Plenary
Individualism
Cat

I hope you enjoyed them.

Oh and another one –
Coherence.

No comments: