Friday 16 January 2009

Tape

I’ve been mending things. With Gaffer tape. Or actually with Duck tape. Or Gaffa tape. Or possibly Duct tape. This confusion of terminological etymology led me to look up this sticky stuff on Wikipedia. It turns out I’m in good company. Many others have led the way in the sticking things together with tape milieu.

Famous sticking incidents include:
World War II bods mending tents, aircraft and morale.
Getting to the moon by adhering bits of wandering space craft no longer able to hold on by itself.
The construction of the Brooklyn Bridge.
As a cure for warts (this is true) (occlusion therapy).
For sticking on drummers’ heads to reduce unwanted overtones.

There is little that this roll of superness cannot be used for.

I know.
Why you’re here.

So – How to tell if a man fancies you using a popular adhesive product:
Stick them to you.
Stick them to a lamppost, bollard or any upright object.
Compare and contrast.

Sorry to my actual regular readers for that but public demand demanded.


I’ve been mending things. With Gaffer tape.

There is little that this roll of superness cannot be used for.
So far I’ve mended:
The gate
The toilet
2 bras
My warts
The cat
The hole in the ceiling
My sanity
And
A troupe of spiders.

Some of the mending was more successful than others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such an intersting and imazing blog..
thanks for sharing..